Skip to main content

Update or Expand a Business

Expand a Business

Is your business growing? If you plan on hiring additional employees to work in your business, you must withhold Vermont state income tax from each employee’s paycheck and remit the tax to the Vermont Department of Taxes.

Learn more about hiring employees and calculating withholding tax.

Update a Business

The best way to update information for your business (name on account, address, etc.) is to open a myVTax account online and make changes to your account. Otherwise, request changes by completing Form B-2, Notice of Change. We may request supporting documents.

Renew a Business

The Secretary of State's office has annual filing requirements for businesses. You will need to renew your business with its office every year. Renew your business registration through the Secretary of State.

Please note: You do not have to renew your business tax account with the Department of Taxes