Vermont Department of Taxes Job Opportunities
Looking to develop skills that will help prepare you for a career in taxation or finance? During the busy tax season we hire temporary employees to assist with tax processing. Check back in with us mid-November to see what postitions we have available.
Income Tax Examiners and Clerks
- Provide quality telephone customer service
- Process individual income tax returns
- Perform related functions.
- Must have good math skills and accuracy
Data Entry Operators
- Enter and verify data
- Requires 8,000 keystrokes per hour
- Opening mail
- Batching returns
- Distribute forms and publications
- Must have good computer skills and accuracy
How to Apply
New applications for these positions are accepted ONLY through the Vermont Department of Human Resources website, per the following instructions. We no longer accept paper applications by email or fax.
Temporary employees seeking to return from prior years should contact the hiring supervisor for your area of employment.
- Go to the Vermont Department of Human Resources website.
- Scroll down and click on the JOB SEEKERS box.
- Locate the position you wish to apply for in the list of the LATEST JOB POSTINGS.
- Click on the link for the position title you seek and follow the steps there.
Successful applicants must be in good standing relative to filing tax returns and payment of taxes due. For more information about any of the positions, contact the Temporary Applicant Coordinator or call 802-828-2865. Equal Opportunity Employer
Career Opportunities with the State of Vermont
Working in Vermont matters, and your local contributions directly augment the culture, people, and places throughout the Green Mountain state. The sites listed here will help you find your dream job and provide you with additional resources about working, living, and playing here.
Check out these great online resources:
- Vermont Department of Taxes Seasonal Opportunities
- Great Jobs in Vermont
- Careers in State Government
- American Job Center
- Vermont Department of Labor Jobs Link
The State of Vermont is one of Vermont’s largest employers with a workforce of approximately 8,000 people. We offer diverse opportunities, from skilled labor to executive level positions, and state employees, as valuable assets, are dedicated public servants who set daily standards of excellence. Vermont has the fourth lowest unemployment rate in the country. With the fastest growing economy in New England, Vermont is teeming with exciting career opportunities.