Grievance And Appeals FAQs


Q: Can property owners submit new evidence at board of civil authority (BCA) or state level?

Q: Can we make house visits the night of grievance hearings?

Q: Upon winning a tax appeal, should the taxpayer get credit for the prior years’ taxes?

Q: Is the use value change a grievable item?

Q: Is a town obligated to pay interest on tax credit from an appeal?

Q: If someone walks into our office on grievance day, do we have to hear them?

Q: How long does the state board value have to stay?


Go back to lister and assessor FAQs.

Contact Us

Commissioner Kaj Samsom
133 State Street | Montpelier, VT 05633
(802) 828-2505

Taxpayer Assistance Window
Located on the 1st Floor
Service Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday

Contact a Specific Tax Section