Fact Sheets For Businesses and Corporations

General Information
Brewers, Winemakers, and Distillers: Vermont Taxes and the Manufacture and Sale of Alcoholic Beverages
Granting Tax Professional Access to a myVTax Account
Guide to the Offer in Compromise Program
Notice of Intent to Assess (NOIA)
Save Time with e-Services at myVTax.vermont.gov
Sales and Use Tax
Agricultural Machinery, Equipment & Supplies: Taxable or Tax Exempt?
Cloud Software Update
Forestry Equipment and Parts
General Guidelines on Sales Tax: What Is Taxable and Exempt?
Payment of Sales and Use Tax by Contractors
Taxation of Sales of Medical Marijuana and Related Paraphernalia
Vermont Sales and Use Tax for Businesses
Vermont Sales and Use Tax for Hotels and Motels
Vermont Sales and Use Tax for Photographers Operating in Vermont
Vermont Sales and Use Tax on Soft Drinks  
Vermont Tax on Purchases Made through 3SquaresVT
Vermont Sales and Use Tax on the Rental and Cleaning of Linen and Similar Items
Vermont Use Tax for Businesses
Meals and Rooms Tax
Vermont Meals and Rooms Tax for Businesses
Business Owners Must Inform Customers about the VT Taxes on Meals and Alcohol
Renting Your Room with a View?
Vermont Meals Tax for Businesses
Vermont Meals Tax on Vending Machines
Vermont Rooms Tax for Businesses  
What Caterers Should Know about Vermont Business Taxes
Local Option Tax
Local Option Tax: What Is It and When Does It Apply?
Miscellaneous Tax
Propane Gas Sold in Free-standing Containers
Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act Frequently Asked Questions
Reporting Malt and Vinous Beverages Sold Direct to Retailers
Tobacco Taxes Administered by the Vermont Department of Taxes
Withholding Tax
Guide to Submitting W-2s, 1099s, and WHT-434

Go back to all Fact Sheets.

Contact Us

Commissioner Kaj Samsom
133 State Street | Montpelier, VT 05633
(802) 828-2505

Taxpayer Assistance Window
Office Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday

 Call us      Email us      Find us