Vermont Department of Taxes Creates Tax Technical Working Group
Montpelier, VT – The Vermont Department of Taxes is proud to announce the creation of the Tax Technical Working Group. Composed of thirteen tax professionals, the Tax Technical Working Group will provide a regular forum for communication and collaboration between Vermont’s Commissioner of Taxes and representatives of the tax professional community. “As Tax Commissioner, I am committed to improving taxpayer engagement and communication,” said Tax Commissioner Mary Peterson. “Tax professionals represent key strategic partners in this effort.”
Members of the Tax Technical Working Group will keep the Commissioner apprised of developments and concerns within the tax professional community on matters of tax administration, policy, and outreach. Beyond relaying the concerns of taxpayers and the tax professional community, working group members may be asked to participate in periodic activities and projects to enhance the Department’s administration of taxes and general operations.
The Tax Technical Working Group is not the only new effort to connect the Department of Taxes with taxpayers and its key strategic partners. The newly formed Vermont Tax Advisory Board and new Division of Policy, Outreach, and Legislative Affairs represent complementary initiatives designed to strengthen the Department’s communication and collaboration. “Overall, our new outreach initiatives are designed to provide timely information and education, and great customer service in an increasingly complex world,” said Peterson. “I am grateful that so many Vermonters continue to be willing to step up to volunteer their time and talents.”
A complete list of Tax Technical Working Group members is below:
- Joseph Bilodeau, CPA, President of Bilodeau, Wells & Co.
- Patti Bisson, Compucount Inc., Chair of the Government Relations Committee of the Vermont Chapter of the National Association of Tax Professionals
- Ray Cota, CPA, President of the Vermont Society of CPAs
- Michelle Eid, CPA, Hall & Holden, PC
- Robert Holden, CPA, Hall & Holden PC
- Donald Hunt, Enrolled Agent, Vice President of Pat Hunt Inc.
- Lauren Jarvi, Enrolled Agent
- Kim Loewer, Enrolled Agent, Managing Partner of Loewer and Associates; President and Founder of the Vermont Chapter of the National Association of Tax Professionals
- Donald Murray, CPA, Fothergill, Segale, & Valley CPAs
- Russell North, CPA, Wilder Business Services
- Claude Phipps, AARP Tax-Aide
- Carol Tremble, CPA
- Rick Wolfish, CPA, Gallagher, Flynn & Company