Skip to main content

If you need to reach us, please use the appropriate email address from the Department directory or schedule a virtual or telephone appointment. See our Flood Recovery Resources to learn more about available tax relief.

Business and Corporate

Below, you will find information about the various taxes for businesses and corporations operating in Vermont. If you are doing business in Vermont, you are likely subject to one or more taxes depending on your business activities and legal structure. Select a tax type or topic to learn more.

Annual Income Tax Returns

Almost all businesses that have any operations or activity in Vermont are required to file an annual income tax return, the filing of which generally coincides with federal/IRS reporting requirements.

C-Corporations and LLCs that elect to be taxed as corporations and certain nonprofit organizations are subject to Vermont’s corporate income tax laws and provisions, and file the Form CO-411, Corporate Income Tax Return and related schedules.

Pass-through entities including S-Corporations, Partnerships, and LLCs that elect to be taxed as Partnerships or S-Corps are subject to Vermont’s business income/business entity tax laws and provisions, and file Form BI-471, Business Income Tax Return and related schedules.

There are some exceptions for certain financial service, insurance, and banking institutions. These businesses are generally required to file different returns or reports, and pay tax based on premiums or deposits.