Corporate and Business Income Taxes

Business Entity Income Tax

Subchapter S Corporations, Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies engaged in activities in Vermont must file a Business Entity Income Tax return with the Commissioner of Taxes.  This includes entities receiving income as a shareholder, partner, or member.

Find out more about Business Entity Income Tax.

Corporate Income Tax

A C Corporation must file Form CO-411, Vermont Corporate Income Tax Return, if:

  • It was incorporated under the laws of the State of Vermont; or
  • It received income allocable or apportioned to Vermont including income received as a shareholder, partner, or member.
  • It has an open corporate income tax account. If there was no activity or tax liability in Vermont for the year, but the business would like to maintain the account, an inactive return must be filed. No tax is due.

Want to learn more about Corporate Income Tax?