Act 137 of 2020 provides Coronavirus Relief Funds to various entities in Vermont for necessary expenses incurred due to, or as a result of, the COVID-19 public health emergency.
The Agency of Administration, including the Vermont Department of Taxes, will be responsible for distributing the grant funds. The guidance posted here details two of the grant opportunities funded by Act 137:
- $2 million under the Coronavirus Municipal Records Digitization Grant
- $13 million under the Local Government Expense Reimbursement (LGER) Grant
- Applications will be available exclusively through an online submission.
- A designated authority from the municipality or unit of local government will complete the online application, and attest to complying with the grant eligibility requirements.
- Once the grant application is reviewed, the applicant will receive a notification of award determination. Note: All communications regarding Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) applications are sent via email.
- The applicant must retain copies of all documentation that supports the expenditure of eligible funds, and submit electronic copies of the documentation to email@example.com.
- The applicant will receive an email confirmation of the submitted grant application from firstname.lastname@example.org.