Application deadline: September 1, 2020
Supporting documentation must be submitted on or before December 11, 2020
Eligible expenses must be incurred by December 30, 2020
Notice of award decision will be made by September 15, 2020
Instructions for Approved Grantees
Please follow these instructions for your municipality or unit of local government to receive reimbursement funding under the grant you were awarded, as allocated in Act 137 of 2020.
Your reimbursement request for the grant has two components:
- a summary Reimbursement Request Form
- and the Expenditure Packet. The Expenditure Packet is comprised of scanned documents supporting the request. Do not submit original copies.
Reimbursement Requests must be submitted no later than December 15, 2020 and are encouraged to happen as soon as you have your documentation ready.
Options for Early Review for Actual Expenses
You may immediately submit any actual expenses from March 1 thru August 31 for us to begin our review. You can then submit all remaining expenses from September 1 thru December 30 no later than December 15, 2020 (two separate packets).
Or, you may submit all expenses from March 1 thru December 30 no later than December 15 2020 (one complete packet).
Coronavirus Municipal Records Digitization Grants are being issued to help provide economic support to town offices which have been impacted by increased customer demand due to the COVID-19 public health emergency but are unable to successfully allow those customers to search land records. The funds can be used to cover costs directly associated with digitizing land records. For more information review the Digitization Grant Guidelines.
The following entities are eligible to apply for grant funds:
- Vermont cities
- Vermont towns
- Vermont incorporated villages
Eligible reimbursement requests include the following:
- Scanner purchase
- Vendor contract fees for digitizing and making available via an online portal all historical, current and backlog of land records
- Labor costs associated with additional staffing/overtime pay for clearing COVID-19 related backlog of land record scanning
- Vendor contract fees to update municipal parcel data