Skip to main content

An Official Vermont Government Website

Vermont State Logo

CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Information for Towns

Interior Inspection Recommendations

On June 14, Governor Scott removed all State COVID-19 restrictions and the State of Emergency expired on June 15. For more information, current considerations, and operational recommendations, please visit

See the Vermont Forward Plan Steps

Additional Resources

Utility Filings

All towns should receive a complete inventory for each public utility located within your town by the end of May. Please speak with your district advisor if you are missing one and to review values of all for equalization.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can towns charge a penalty for late-filed homestead declarations after April 15?

No, the filing deadline has been extended to May 17 so all penalties will be based on that date. Homestead declarations received after May 17 are considered late for 2021. All other deadlines remain the same.

Will the grand list filing dates be extended?

No, all dates for grand list filing return to those that existed prior to 2020 exceptions. As with any other year, grand list filing extensions may be requested to the PVR Director according to 32 V.S A. § 4342.

Will towns receive Property Tax Credit payment files each month?

Yes. The Department will still process Property Tax Credit claims and will send the files to towns monthly starting June 30 as usual.

Will we be able to e-sign documents?

Yes. Given the circumstances this is a reasonable accommodation.

When do towns need to make payments to local school districts and the education fund?

Payments to local districts are still due 20 days after the tax due date – this has not changed. Towns still must remit any delinquent payments to school districts within 120 days of the delinquency date and no later than the end of the school year. Payments to the education fund are still due on December 1st and June 1.

Contact Your District Advisor

Your district advisor is available for questions, or you can call the main line at (802) 828-5860, ext. 3. See the list of district advisors.