Amend a Claim

Amending or Changing Household Income

Only household income reported on Form HI-144 can be amended or changed. The change or amendment must be done within three years from the April due date. Use Schedule HI-144, Household Income for the applicable year to amend household income. Enter the correct household income and mark AMENDED on the HI-144. Send the amended HI-144 separately from any other returns being filed with the Department.

Mail your return to:

Vermont Department of Taxes
P.O. Box 1645
Montpelier, VT 05601-1645