Skip to main content

Annual Certification: Agricultural Land and Farm Buildings

Owners of agricultural land and/or farm buildings enrolled in the Current Use Program are required to certify annually that their agricultural land and farm buildings meet the requirements for enrollment and continue to be eligible for the program. The due date for landowners to certify is November 1 of each year. You can complete and return the paper form that is mailed to the primary contact of each parcel or you can certify online.

Certify Online Now

How to Certify Online

Complete your annual agricultural certification electronically using eCuse. Submitting your certification electronically allows you to view the status of your certification, collect signatures for multiple owners, your submittal will be received immediately upon completion, and you will receive a confirmation email that your submittal has been received.

To certify online:

  1. Create an eCuse account
  2. Use the online process to complete and submit your certification using your Owner ID (OID) and School Property Account Number (SPAN).
No.   Title
For detailed instructions, refer to the following guides:
CU-313   Use Value Appraisal Program Agricultural Land And Buildings Certification
GB-1218   QuickStart eCuse Guide: Submit an Agricultural Certification
GB-1219   Complete eCuse Program Guide: How to Submit the Annual Agricultural Certification for Land and Buildings


Failure to certify may result in the removal of agricultural land and enrolled farm buildings from the Current Use Program. When the land and buildings are removed from the program, the property taxes will no longer be based upon the use value but will be based upon the assessed value of the land and buildings.

How You Will be Notified

In late-September, the Department of Taxes will mail  a partially completed certification form for each parcel that has active agricultural land or buildings enrolled. If the parcel has only forestland and no agricultural land or buildings enrolled, then a certification is not required, and the landowner will not receive a form for that property. The certification must be completed, signed, and either postmarked or e-submitted by Nov. 1.

School Property Account Number (SPAN) Search

If you are not sure whether you need to certify, you may look up your SPAN using the online search.

Find My SPAN Now

If your SPAN is listed, you should receive a CU-313 form by early October. If you do not receive your postcard in the mail by October 10, email the Current Use Program. In your email, provide your name, any other owner’s names, current mailing address, and property information (town and SPAN).

If your SPAN is not listed, you are not required to certify this year.

Please note: The list of SPANs reflects the parcels that were required to certify as of September 2021. It does not reflect if we have received your certification.