There are also many professional organizations in Vermont that provide additional resources and educational opportunities. Please refer to their websites below for more information.
- Vermont Chapter—National Association of Tax Professionals (VT NATP)
- Northern New England Society of Enrolled Agents
- UVM Extension Tax School
- Vermont Society of CPAs
- Vermont Tax Practitioners Association
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications to provide guidance in choosing a tax preparer. Please note: The directory is updated regularly although it may take up to four weeks after the IRS receives an update for a tax return preparer's information to be added or revised in the directory.
- Online Tools for Tax Professionals
- Keep up to date with Tax Professional News. You can receive information specific to:
- E-file providers and partners
- Enrolled actuaries
- Enrolled agents
In addition, you can also receive tax information via email from the IRS daily during the tax-filing season and periodically the rest of the year by signing up for IRS Tax Tips. As well as subscribe to a number of IRS e-mail services which provide updates to tax related information on a local or national level. Each service individually describes the type of information you can expect to receive.