Skip to main content

An Official Vermont Government Website

Vermont State Logo

Services and Features

What You Can do in myVTax

Modernized e-File Users (MeF): If you file through MeF, you may continue to do so even if the tax type can be filed through myVTax. Personal income tax and fiduciary tax cannot be filed through myVTax and must be filed through MeF vendor software.

For help with myVTax, please see our frequently asked questions for more information.

  • Homestead Declaration Claim
  • Property Tax Credit Claim
  • Renter Credit Claim
  • Landlord Certificate
  • Estimated Income Tax
  • Property Transfer Tax
  • Land Gains Tax
  • Land Gains Withholding Tax
  • Return Refund Status
  • Use Tax
  • Business Income Tax
  • Cannabis Excise Tax
  • Corporate Income Taxes
  • Meals and Rooms Tax
  • Sales and Use Tax (including Streamlined Sales Tax)
  • Withholding Tax
  • Abandoned Beverage Tax
  • Bank Franchise Tax
  • Captive Insurance Tax
  • Cigarette Tax and Tobacco Products Tax
  • Fuel Tax
  • Health Care Claims Tax
  • Insurance Premium Tax
  • Malt and Vinous Beverage Tax
  • Solar Energy Capacity Tax
  • Solid Waste Tax
  • Surplus Lines Insurance and Direct Insurance Placement Tax
  • Telephone Gross Receipts Tax
  • Telephone Personal Property Tax
  • Universal Service Charge (USC)
  • Wind-Powered Electric Generating Facility Tax
  • Personal Income Tax
  • Business Income Tax
  • Corporate Income Tax
  • Fiduciary Income Tax
  • Bulk upload or data enter W-2s/1099/WHT- 434 for electronic submission (1099 upload only)
  • Bulk upload quarterly withholding reconciliations for payroll services
  • Bulk upload or data enter landlord certificates to the Department and print certificates for your tenants
  • Submit commissioner’s certificate requests for real estate withholding exemptions
  • Check my estimated payments and carryforwards
  • Enter into a payment plan
  • Find status of your personal income tax return and refund at “Where’s my refund?”
  • Get your 1099-G
  • Link your accountant to your account or other third party—no need to share passwords
  • Register for new tax accounts for all account types, except personal income tax, Homestead Declaration, and Renter Credit
  • Submit electronic registrations or account updates and closures via the Secretary of State portal
  • View account balances, including tax, penalty, interest, and credits on all recent periods
  • Update your information on all account types (including those that can’t be filed through myVTax)
  • Addresses
  • Names
  • Closing Accounts
  • Managing responsible parties / business principals
  • View correspondence for all tax types
  • Send the Department a secure message
  • Respond to correspondence from the Department
  • Notice of Intent to Assess disputes
  • Additional information requests
  • Written appeals
  • PIN letters