Who Can Sign Up for myVTax?
myVTax is available for corporate and business taxpayers to file their income taxes, employer withholding tax, sales and use tax, meals and rooms tax, and other business tax types.
Mandate to File Using myVTax
It has been mandated that taxpayers must use myVTax to file returns for the following tax types:
- Sales and Use Tax for multiple locations
- Sales and Use Tax when tax remitted for the prior calendar year exceeded $100,000
- Meals and Rooms Tax for multiple locations
- Meals and Rooms Tax when tax remitted for the prior calendar year exceeded $100,000
- Withholding when total tax remitted for the prior calendar year exceeded $100,000
- Bank Franchise Tax
- Captive Insurance Premium Tax
- Insurance Premium Tax (traditional)
- Health Care Claims Tax
- Surplus Lines Insurance and Direct Insurance Placement Tax
How Do I Sign Up?
On the myVTax homepage, click the bar Need An Account? Click Here to Register. Signing up for myVTax is free.
- Register as a new taxpayer
- Add VTax Access for an existing Vermont Tax account
- Register as an accountant or other third party tax professional to access client accounts
- Activate an account using a myVTax Access Code
Having trouble creating a myVTax account? You can file and pay your monthly business taxes without creating a login. Simply click on File A Return under the Businesses tab on the myVTax home page.
File and Pay Your Sales & Use, Meals & Rooms, or Withholding Taxes
Business taxpayers are now able to pay sales & use, meals & rooms and withholding tax bills on myVTax.
File and Pay Your Personal Income Tax Bills and Income Tax Estimates
Beginning December 7, 2016 myVTax will be available for taxpayers to pay personal income tax bills and personal income tax estimates. VTPay is no longer available to pay personal income tax bills and tax estimates.
Our tax examiners are available to answer your questions about myVTax Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You can also email myVTax support or call us at 802-828-6802 or 802-828-2551.