We provide a number of ways tax professionals can get help on Vermont tax topics. There are also many professional organizations in Vermont that provide additional resources and educational opportunities. Please refer to their websites below for more information.
- Vermont Chapter—National Association of Tax Professionals (VT NATP)
- Northern New England Society of Enrolled Agents
- UVM Extension Tax School
- Vermont Society of CPAs
- Vermont Tax Practitioners Association
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Resources
- Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications to provide guidance in choosing a tax preparer.
Please note: The directory is updated regularly although it may take up to four weeks after the IRS receives an update for a tax return preparer's information to be added or revised in the directory.
You can receive information specifically geared to:
- E-file providers and partners
- Enrolled actuaries
- Enrolled agents
- Receive tax information via email from the IRS daily during the tax-filing season and periodically the rest of the year by signing up for IRS Tax Tips.
- Subscribe to a number of IRS e-mail services which provide updates to tax related information on a local or national level. Each service individually describes the type of information you can expect to receive.